Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Not so much sanity, but the scarf is fabUlous!







Ooh the loveliness of cables and cables and miles of cables. It is done! The scarf fits. The scarf is warm. In a tight fix we can sit really close together and share the scarfy goodness. And now I am primed for Hat Attack as it will involve slaying a target with a cabled hat. As the designer has pegged the pattern 'advanced beginner,' I doubt there will be all the Twist Front and Twist Back business that I learned for the scarf.






The only drawback is that I am now wanting to cast on compulsively. Any naked needle, every yard of stash is luring, calling, cajoling me. I must resist. I have things already in the works and the hat coming up.






I blame this restlessness on the pc that wouldn't be repaired. My power supply arrived and brought some improvement. At least the ON button caused the fan to turn and the hard drive light to flicker. Nothing else, though. So the next step is to replace the motherboard since the power supply may have sent a last jolt surge that caused the board to shut down (read fry). So I'm still on the laptop.






Husband will graduate in a few weeks!! We pray the job made just for him is ready and waiting for his graduation.






Thanks to my one Pay It Forward angel who has signed up so far. I have a lovely gift in mind.






Off to see if I can redirect my compulsive urge toward finishing things instead of starting new and needlessly. At least I've finished one thing other than the scarf! Find Leo the Lion on Lion Brand Yarn's website.

1 comment:

wildflower38 said...

Leo is so cute!

I'm impressed with your cable scarf. You're so good to your husband.