Sunday, December 16, 2007

Off the needles, off the hook, and PIF

First, did everyone hear me shout hooray this evening when my manly socks finally came off the needles? Indeed, they are finished. I had to put them in time out for a bit but we worked it out.

Second, the snowflakes are finished and ready to be, well, finished. That sounds a bit less exciting when I read it back. The stitching is finished; now they need to be stiffened and sparkled.

Next off the needles will be the leg warmers and at least one hat. Now, for the PIFA/PIFE. It is the Pay It Forward Along/Exchange. This is a movement among crafting bloggers to commit some radical acts of kindness and propitiate niceness. Details are below. If you haven't already joined the fun, please consider it.

Pay It Forward Exchange I'm SO EXCITED to be a involved in the Pay It Forward Exchange! I found out about it from knittingwildflower!

Let me tell you about it, these are the instructions: "It’s the Pay It Forward Exchange. It’s based of the concept of the movie “Pay it Forward” where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on, with hope that the recipients of the acts of kindness are passed on. So here’s how it works. I will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment to this post on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I do not know what that gift will be yet, and it won’t be sent this month, probably not next month, but it will be sent (within 6 months) and that’s a promise! What YOU have to do in return, then, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

I will now Pay It Forward to you THREE, I wonder who you will be?! Please, be a PIF! You will enjoy it just as much as we do!"

And, remember...you have 6 months to get your gifts done! Come on, you know you would love to be one of my angels. Then, one day, but you don't know when....you will get a gift that I have made especially for YOU!

Please remember, you don't have to knit or crochet to participate, anyone who can make a nice handmade gift is welcome to join :)



And speaking of blogs - this one in particular - I am working on a particularly netshy friend with a wealth of knitting knowledge and experience in an effort to get her to guest at least once, maybe anonymously, you know who you are. Will she do it for a song? Will she do it for a price? (Larry Springer's guests get paid, so why not mine?) Will she do it for a Venti White Mocha and a chocolate biscotti? We shall see...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess is that your shy friend will do it...Without necessity of compensation but of course anonymously and only when someone thinks of a fabulous topic. You're doing quite marvelously on your own after all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith! My name is Amber aka Knitmyworld on Ravelry. I would love to be one of your PIF buddies. I hope you get some more people to sign up. Check out my blog at http://www.knitmyworld.com and you can find my email address on there to get in contact with me so we can exchange info. Hope to hear from you soon!

Amber

Jess/Blushed said...

Ello Faith, I'm Jess from Ravelry (KnittenPurl). I saw you still had some open spaces for PIF and would love to take part. Can't wait to hear from you!

-Jess

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith
I'm Dini from Ravelry and i would love to be your third angel for pay it forward. If you are full would you like to be my angel?
my blog is http://dinisbit.blogspot.com/
Let me know would love to hear from you one way or the other. Cheers
Dini