Sunday, February 1, 2009

bloggety-blog

First of all, "Shhh!" I am supposed to be catching up on homework, not blogging. The thing is - I'm way behind and rather than being motivated catch up I seem to become less motivated the further behind I get. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being a student and I derive great satisfaction from successfully completing my assignments, especially those I understand. I don't enjoy being behind schedule.

I don't enjoy being in pain either. I'm quite a baby about it so I've spent my time over the last seven weeks favoring my left side and avoiding typing. Avoiding typing is especially dangerous for an online student. Even now I am training the voice recognition software provided with Vista in order to limit the amount of time I have to type. Now I have a perfectly good excuse to give the impression that I'm sitting in my study talking to myself!

Fortunately, while resting, I have been able to get a bit of knitting done and a bit of crocheting, too. I still have my Swedish block socks on the needles. Kennita Tully's Garter Stripes has been knit, tinked, knit, frogged, de-frogged, and abandoned. The yarn is currently being recycled into another sweater for the original recipient based on a pattern from B. G. Walter's book, Knitting From The Top. We both are happier with this design.

I recently finished two bereavement gowns, one knit and one crochet. The church group is still working on blankets for radiation therapy patients. Our lovely friend, Ruth, suffered a stroke recently. We're praying she can join us again soon.

Enough for now. I'm off to make a cup of tea (Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Sunset) and then get moving again on my homework. I have a secret project that I will reveal soon it if it is successful. Keep your fingers crossed! Pictures later. Peace, love, and yarn.

No comments: