Wednesday, February 25, 2009

That last bit...

Ever get to the final stages of a project and lose steam? Me, too. The sweater that began as Garter Stripes and was frogged and is currently being de-frogged into a 'top down' design is in its final stages. The Fashionista allowed me to measure the length on her and I asked, "Is this long enough, or a bit more?" to which she unabashedly replied, "A bit more, I think." ... the darling.

I like the sweater, I am enjoying working on it, but even with the addition of a few freak cold snaps added to our annual average of 2 1/2 days of sweater weather, I will not finish it in time for her to wear this year except maybe when we turn the A/C on long term in a few weeks. So I must agree with her determination that the sweater should be a bit more.

The only drawback at this point is the color combination. They are fun colors and are perfect for her, but the more time I spend with them the more they remind me of the Teletubbies. There is no yellow or red, and certainly no TV in the tum-tum. Thank goodness for that. Still, aqua, green apple, and something close to fuchsia - you get the drift.

Other projects on hand include a poodle skirt for - guess who; finally getting around to quilting the mystery quilt my husband pieced several years ago and presented to me as an anniversary gift (Thanks to http://redsatori.com/, the evil enabler); trying to stay in school - that is a whole different post!; and odd and various charity projects that are always in the making.

Have I finished my socks yet? Well, of course not! They are now above the ankle, though, which gives me the freedom of cuffing and binding off anytime I please. I like the yarn and want to use all of it, so I just keep going, and going, and going...

No comments: