Friday, November 9, 2007

IQF, the sequel

I have put it off too long now and must post something. Really, I have 4 drafts and have not posted any of them. I am in deep with my new photo software, and thought to wait until Quilt Festival photos were ready, but I need to get something up here. Here are links to booths I visited at the International Quilt Festival. I will diligently continue to work out the quirks of digital photography/photo editing/web posting of photos. In the meantime, check out some of these sites.

This booth: Graywood Designs was great and the gal there was really tickled with her new square hardwood needles she got at the show- the yarn she had was too bulky for anything I could use right now, but check out the knitting products they have to offer. I saw the Knitcushion, but alas, Mom has already made one for me ;)

I watched at this booth: Handy Hands, Inc. and realized, "Hey, he's just casting on backward and forward to make that stuff! I'm sure tatting isn't that simple, but that's what it looked like to me. I found a Wrist Ball Holder, proceeded to put my sock yarn on it and walked around knitting the rest of the time we were there.

I was really impressed with the offerings from Maru Quilted Silk when I learned that Robert does it all! I asked how many people he had working on the production of the beautiful and reversible quilted jackets and he said, "I'm It." The website seems to be under construction, but having touched the art, I can forgive him that.

We ran into a friend (and very talented fiber artist) working in one of the booths. She was demo-ing dye for natural fiber lace for Sara's Bloom as a favor for another of her fiber artist friends.

For the serious, as in I have a big machine that quilts for me, quilters: Munich Design LLC Quilt Recipes based in Temple, Texas would like you to visit.

If you're looking for a charitable cause, I made a block at the Festival for www.chdquilt.org which will go to a child named Zachary who has a Congenital Heart defect. They accept donations of materials, money, and blocks. Just scroll down the page to Sewing and send an email to get the information for a block request.


No comments: